Tuscan Salmon Pasta Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 salmon fillet (10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 small plum tomatoes, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute salmon and rosemary in 2 tablespoons oil for 5 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Add the beans, tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper; heat through.
- 2. Drain linguine; and transfer to a large bowl. Add salmon mixture; toss gently. Drizzle with remaining oil. Yield: 2 servings.
2 cup: 863 calories, 51g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 41g protein.
Reviews for Tuscan Salmon Pasta
"Very good and nutritious. When I entered the recipe into a calorie-counting program (MyFitnessPal), it came out to 660 calories so it's not too, too far off. It's all that olive oil! I was shocked when I first calculated the calories in my homemade pesto sauce which also has a lot of olive oil.)"
"The nutritional information MUST be for the whole recipe not individual servings. It doesn't make any sense. Also, a 2 cup serving is a lot larger than the typical serving size. Any other thoughts out there?"
"51g of fat??? I don't think so!"
"We used frozen salmon filets from Aldi's and they are very economical. I could not find fresh Rosemary so I used Italian flat leafed parsley. I made the recipe gluten-free by using brown rice pasta. My whole family loved it...including my 8,5, and 2 year old kids! I have made this more than once and will make on a regular basis!"
"This would be a much more economical meal if you used canned wild salmon and could easily be expanded to feed a family."
"I've made this a few times. LOVE it!"
"Is there any way this calorie count can be correct? 863 calories for a serving of pasta and salmon?!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.