Tuscan Pork Medallions Recipe
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pork in butter until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute prosciutto in the drippings until browned. Add garlic and sage; cook 1 minute longer. Add vinegar, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Stir in cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add tomatoes and pork; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with basil and cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tuscan Pork Medallions(22)
Sort By :
This dish is even better than excellent. I'll be preparing these tasty and tender chops often.
Delicious just as is. Served with whole wheat noodles
Awesome. I use sun-dried tomatoes in the winter when fresh tomatoes are just not that yummy. I also add green onion.
We've made this dish many times. For non-pork eaters, just or for something different, this is equally good if you substitute seared scallops for the pork.
Very flavorful recipe! I've made with both ham and bacon, as well as added white white. Makes for yummy leftovers, too.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Tenderloin Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >