Tuscan Pork Medallions Recipe
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pork in butter until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Remove and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute prosciutto in the drippings until browned. Add garlic and sage; cook 1 minute longer. Add vinegar, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- 3. Stir in cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add tomatoes and pork; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with basil and cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 514 calories, 36g fat (20g saturated fat), 205mg cholesterol, 718mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein.
Reviews for Tuscan Pork Medallions
"We loved this dish and wish there was more of it. It didn't make a lot. I would serve it over rice. The seasonings in this were amazing."
"This was a class act. My husband licked the plate, no joke."
"Wow! Loved it and will make again."
"This dish is even better than excellent. I'll be preparing these tasty and tender chops often."
"Delicious just as is. Served with whole wheat noodles"
"Awesome. I use sun-dried tomatoes in the winter when fresh tomatoes are just not that yummy. I also add green onion."
"Very flavorful recipe! I've made with both ham and bacon, as well as added white white. Makes for yummy leftovers, too."
"OUTSTANDING!!!!!! Great flavor, could cut pork with fork. After reading reviews I doubled sauce to pour over rice. Yummy!"
"good flavor, this is a good dish to make pasta with"
"I am very pleased with this dish. It was easy and delicious. I definitely plan on making this again."
"The recipe doubles beautifully! I will make extra sauce next time as it is so delicous and would love to pour some more over noodles. Yum!"
"Amazing! Wonderful made with extra sauce and served over orzo!"
"Thumbs way up on this one. The sauce was absolutely delicious and I agree it tasted as good as anything you could get in a restaurant. I doubled the sauce to drip over egg noodles as a side. Yum!"
"Delicious! The flavors blended so well - perfect to impress company and easy. Doubled the sauce - just to have extra. It's a keeper!"
"This recipe was so delicious....wow...I am making it again tonight..I did double the sauce and put it over rice....it certainly is a family favorite....."
"I LOVED this. I increased the meat slightly, and the cream, tomatoes and prosciutto. Served with orzo and roasted asparagus."
"quick and delicious! I doubled the recipe to ensure leftovers!"
"My mother in law made this for memorial day weekend and I had to have the recipe. It is absolutely delicious, one of the most memorable meals I have had in a long time. Whether for an intimate dinner, a family weekday dinner or a large dinner party this cannot fail to impress. Leftovers taste even better if that's possible too. I would have given this even more stars if I could have done. Thank you for a truly amazing recipe"
"Very quick and simple to make with a lot of flavor!"
"This was one of the best recipes I've ever tried. The flavor of the sauce was SO good and it's absolutely gorgeous with the red tomatoes and the green basil. You won't find anything better on a restaurant menu and it took only 30 minutes. Excellent!"