Tuscan Kabobs Recipe
With chicken, bacon, tomatoes and bread cubes, this is a hearty appetizer that all guests will clamor for. The sauce provides the fantastic finishing touch.—Elaine Sweet, Dallas, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. Broil: 10 min. YIELD:32 servings
- 16 bacon strips, cut in half widthwise
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 loaf (1/2 pound) French bread
- 32 fresh basil leaves
- 32 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- RED PEPPER AIOLI:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2. Cut chicken into 32 cubes, about 1 in. each. Wrap a bacon piece around each cube. Cut bread in half lengthwise, then cut into 32 slices.
- 3. On 32 metal or soaked wooden appetizer skewers, thread a wrapped chicken cube, basil leaf, bread slice and cherry tomato. Place on baking sheets.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper; brush over kabobs. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 5. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning frequently. Meanwhile, place aioli ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Serve with kabobs. Yield: 32 kabobs (1-1/4 cups sauce).
1 kabob with 1-3/4 teaspoons sauce equals 132 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC