With chicken, bacon, tomatoes and bread cubes, this is a hearty appetizer that all guests will clamor for. The sauce provides the fantastic finishing touch.—Elaine Sweet, Dallas, Texas
- 16 bacon strips, cut in half widthwise
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 loaf (1/2 pound) French bread
- 32 fresh basil leaves
- 32 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- RED PEPPER AIOLI:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Cut chicken into 32 cubes, about 1 in. each. Wrap a bacon piece around each cube. Cut bread in half lengthwise, then cut into 32 slices.
- On 32 metal or soaked wooden appetizer skewers, thread a wrapped chicken cube, basil leaf, bread slice and cherry tomato. Place on baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper; brush over kabobs. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning frequently. Meanwhile, place aioli ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Serve with kabobs. Yield: 32 kabobs (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Originally published as Tuscan Kabobs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p31
Reviews for Tuscan Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review