- 16 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cut in half widthwise
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 loaf (1/2 pound) French bread
- 32 fresh basil leaves
- 32 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- RED PEPPER AIOLI:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Cut chicken into 32 cubes, about 1 in. each. Wrap a bacon piece around each cube. Cut bread in half lengthwise, then cut into 32 slices.
- On 32 metal or soaked wooden appetizer skewers, thread a wrapped chicken cube, basil leaf, bread slice and cherry tomato. Place on baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper; brush over kabobs. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning frequently. Meanwhile, place aioli ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Serve with kabobs. Yield: 32 kabobs (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Reviews for Tuscan Kabobs
"The intent was for this to be an appetizer for Christmas Eve. However, the family liked it so much it ended up being THE main dish. I used a garlic Artisan bread which was very flavorful with the lemon juice. Next time I will add some green pepper to the kabob and give that a try. It just seemed to need another vegetable. The family wants it back when I have my next crop of cherry tomatoes."