- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup uncooked small spiral pasta
- 3 cups thinly sliced fresh escarole or spinach
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and carrot in oil until onion is tender. Add the broth, water, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in beans and pasta; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add escarole and chicken; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Tuscan Chicken Soup
"Loved the recipe, it has good flavor. The next time I make it I would add more liquid to it because the beans and pasta absorb a lot of it leaving it with hardly and liquid."
"This is a good-for-you, feel-good soup. It's not difficult to make, but tastes like you worked hard. I double the recipe so we can have some for lunch the next day:)"
"This soup is the best! I used a whole bag of spinach & it turned out great. I will definitely make this many times more."
"So easy and quick, but oh the flavor. Added garlic."
"We used smoked chicken in the soup. Very tasty. Loved all the veggies."