Tuscan Chicken for Two
This moist and savory entree is ready in an unbelievable 15 minutes flat!
Debra Legrand - Port Orchard, Washington
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the garlic,
- rosemary, sage and thyme in oil for 1 minute. Add chicken; cook for
- 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 217 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.