Tuscan Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup each chopped sweet yellow and red peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; place over vegetables. Add the tomatoes, broth, vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper flakes and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and sauce is thickened. Serve with pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 164 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 653 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.