Tuscan Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup each chopped sweet yellow and red peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; place over vegetables. Add the tomatoes, broth, vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper flakes and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and sauce is thickened. Serve with pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 164 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Tuscan Chicken Breasts
"This was deliscious, the flavor of the sauce was perfect. The little touch crushed red pepper was so slight but so present!! The chicken melted in your mouth. The family loved it. Practically licked the pan."
"This did not turn out as I had hoped. The sauce was delicious but the chicken was really tough."
"This was really good. I served it over linguine. I would make this again. This would also be delicious using shrimp instead of chicken."
"Made this for a luncheon today and it was a big hit! Served it with whole grain angel hair pasta. The kitchen smelled wonderful, too. The recipe is easy, but you could also buy a bag of frozenchopped sweet peppers/onions to make it even easier. I will be making this regularly!"
"What a very flavorful recipe! sooo yummy! i also add fresh basil to the dish - yummo!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.