Tuscan Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup each chopped sweet yellow and red peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; place over vegetables. Add the tomatoes, broth, vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper flakes and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and sauce is thickened. Serve with pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tuscan Chicken Breasts(5)
Sort By :
This did not turn out as I had hoped. The sauce was delicious but the chicken was really tough.
This was really good. I served it over linguine. I would make this again. This would also be delicious using shrimp instead of chicken.
Made this for a luncheon today and it was a big hit! Served it with whole grain angel hair pasta. The kitchen smelled wonderful, too. The recipe is easy, but you could also buy a bag of frozenchopped sweet peppers/onions to make it even easier. I will be making this regularly!
Great recipe - I took the chicken out of the skillet, put penne pasta in the skillet and tossed. Put in casserole dish, added chicken and then covered with some shredded mozzerella - stuck it in the oven for a few minutes - terrific!!
What a very flavorful recipe! sooo yummy! i also add fresh basil to the dish - yummo!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >