Everyone needs to bring their appetite when you serve these man-size burgers. They have a bit of Italy in them with the use of pancetta, pesto and mozzarella cheese. Try them and you'll love them!—Rita Combs, Valdosta, Georgia
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto, divided
- 3 ounces sliced pancetta, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small red onion, cut into 4 slices
- 1 large tomato, cut into 4 slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 4 Italian rolls, split
- 1 cup fresh arugula or fresh baby spinach
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons pesto; cover and chill until serving. In a large bowl, combine the pancetta, pepper, salt and remaining pesto. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Brush onion and tomato slices with oil. Grill onion over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. Grill tomato for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Top burgers with mozzarella cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Spread cut sides of rolls with pesto mayonnaise; top with burgers, onion, tomato and arugula. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tuscan Burgers with Pesto Mayo in Easy Ground Beef Recipe Cards 2013 2013
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tuscan Burgers with Pesto Mayo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review