Tuscan Bread Salad Recipe
I have made this salad many times over the years and it always receives many compliments. The addition of capers and Greek olives gives it a unique flavor and the bread cubes, a nice crunchy texture. This salad is very easy to prepare and is one of our family’s favorites.
- 4 cups cubed Italian bread
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and cubed
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced Greek olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 5 cups torn romaine
- 1. Place bread cubes on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until dried and toasted, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, onion, olives, capers and toasted bread. Drizzle with 1/2 cup vinaigrette; toss to coat. Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- 3. Add romaine and remaining vinaigrette; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 185 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 626 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC