Tuscan Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 cup roasted sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch strips
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until serving. Stir in basil. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tuscan Bean Salad(3)
Sort By :
When I made this salad I let it sit for about an hour at room temp but the beans still didn't have a lot of flavor. The next day, however, the leftovers were great. So, my suggeston is to make it early in the day or the night before serving. The dried tomatoes added a nice touch of chewiness and savory flavor. Definitely, use the fresh basil. It makes all the difference. I also used Greek kalamata olives chopped up because they have more flavor than the standard black olives in the can. My only complaint: it needed a little crunch. This might be because I was out of red onion and used green onions instead. Next time I'll use the red onion and maybe throw in a little chopped celery. Thanks for a great recipe, Cori. Greetings from Modesto!
I loved this salad. I made it with the sandwiches on the same page and it was a great light meal. Will make both again.