Tuscan Bean Salad Recipe
"I love to cook for my family and friends, and this delicious marinated bean salad is a favorite they request often," says Dixie Cannafax of Petaluma, California. "It's especially good alongside a pork entree."
- 1 cup dried navy beans
- 4 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- Place beans in Dutch oven or kettle; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid. Return beans to the pan. Add cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Drain beans; place in a bowl. Add the onion, celery and parsley. In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over bean mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tuscan Bean Salad in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p19
Reviews for Tuscan Bean Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2013
Loved this. Such a simple dish to make but elegant. Something different to have at picnics in the summer.
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >