Tuscan Bean and Olive Spread Recipe
Wonderful flavors of garlic, rosemary and basil blend in this hearty spread! Lucky enough to have leftovers? Serve it with pita chips, veggies or as a sandwich topper. —DIANE NEMITZ, LUDINGTON, MICHIGAN
- 6 sun-dried tomato halves (not packed in oil), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Greek olives, chopped
- Bagel chips
- 1. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- 2. Place the beans, water, oil, basil, garlic, rosemary, pepper and pepper flakes in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Stir in tomatoes. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with olives.
- 3. Serve with bagel chips. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 99 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Tuscan Bean and Olive Spread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC