- Unroll crescent dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet into one
- long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Roll out into a
- 14x9-in. rectangle.
- Spread filling in a 3-in.-wide strip down center of rectangle. On
- each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips to within 1/2 in. of filling.
- Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across
- filling. Whisk egg and remaining oil; brush over dough. Sprinkle
- with walnuts.
- Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese; bake 10
- minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before cutting into 12
- slices. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 353 calories, 23 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 616 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.