Tuscan Artichoke & Spinach Strudel Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups chopped baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 teaspoons oil from the sun-dried tomatoes, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 cup coarsely chopped thawed frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms and tomatoes in 2 teaspoons oil from sun-dried tomatoes until mushrooms are tender. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine spinach, pesto, pepper and, if desired, pepper flakes. Add artichokes, mozzarella cheese, 5 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and mushroom mixture; mix well.
- 3. Unroll crescent dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Roll out into a 14x9-in. rectangle.
- 4. Spread filling in a 3-in.-wide strip down center of rectangle. On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips to within 1/2 in. of filling. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling. Whisk egg and remaining oil; brush over dough. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- 5. Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese; bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before cutting into 12 slices. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 353 calories, 23 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 616 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.