Turtle Sundae Dessert
Bethel Walters of Willow River, Minnesota pledges, "This treat is sure to please children and chocolate lovers of all ages!" A convenient cake mix starts the stellar surprise her six grandchildren endorse.
20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream and Diamond of California Pecan Halves, optional
- Mix cake according to package directions. Set aside half of the
- batter; pour remaining batter into a greased and floured 13x9-in.
- baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes. Meanwhile, in a
- saucepan over low heat, melt the caramels, milk and butter. Remove
- from the heat and add nuts. Pour over cake. Sprinkle with chocolate
- chips. Pour reserved batter over top. Bake 20-25 minutes more or
- until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool. Cut into
- squares. If desired, top each with a scoop of ice cream and a pecan
- half. Yield: 20 servings.