Turtle-Shaped Cookies Recipe
“My mom and I make up to six batches of these cute cookies each Christmas,” says Holly Snyder of Milton, Pennsylvania. “My brother and sister always seem to know when they’re around...they show up at Mom’s house saying, ‘The turtles are calling.’”
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves, cut in half lengthwise
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and maple flavoring. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- 2. Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Push four pecan pieces into each ball for legs; add two small pecan pieces to each for head and tail.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are set. Carefully remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter with milk. Remove from the heat; stir in confectioners' sugar. Dip top of each cookie into glaze. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Turtle-Shaped Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC