Turtle-Shaped Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves, cut in half lengthwise
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and maple flavoring. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Push four pecan pieces into each ball for legs; add two small pecan pieces to each for head and tail.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are set. Carefully remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter with milk. Remove from the heat; stir in confectioners' sugar. Dip top of each cookie into glaze. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Turtle-Shaped Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p7
Reviews for Turtle-Shaped Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2009
These are fantastic cookies