Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 30 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup caramel sundae syrup
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, flour and pie spice. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Just before serving, sprinkle pecans over cheesecake; press down lightly. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter until smooth. Cut cheesecake into slices; drizzle with chocolate mixture and caramel syrup. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p142
Reviews for Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review