Turtle Pretzels Recipe
Sweet and crunchy, these tasty treats will be gobbled up in no time! —Barbara Loudenslager, O'Fallon, Missouri
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel rods
- 8 ounces German sweet chocolate or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a double boiler, melt caramels in water. Dip half of each pretzel into the hot caramel. Place on a greased sheet of foil to cool.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip the caramel-coated end of each pretzel into the chocolate, allowing excess to drip off; sprinkle with nuts. Return to foil to cool. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 304 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC