Sweet and crunchy, these tasty treats will be gobbled up in no time! —Barbara Loudenslager, O'Fallon, Missouri
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel rods
- 8 ounces German sweet chocolate or semisweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a double boiler, melt caramels in water. Dip half of each pretzel
- into the hot caramel. Place on a greased sheet of foil to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip
- caramel-coated end of pretzels into the chocolate, allowing excess
- to drip off; sprinkle with nuts. Return to foil to cool. Yield:
- about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 304 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.