Turtle Praline Tart
This rich dessert is my own creation, and I'm very proud of it. It's easy enough to make for every day but special enough to serve guests or take to a potluck. —Kathy Specht, Clinton, Montana
16 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 36 caramels
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 450°. Unroll pastry on a lightly floured surface.
- Transfer to an 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty
- foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-6 minutes longer or until
- light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine caramels and 1/2 cup cream. Cook and
- stir over medium-low heat until caramels are melted. Stir in pecans.
- Spread filling evenly into crust. Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set. Whip remaining cream; serve with
- tart. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice with 1 tablespoon cream equals 335 calories, 24 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.