This rich dessert is my own creation, and I'm very proud of it. It's easy enough to make for every day but special enough to serve guests or take to a potluck. —Kathy Specht, Clinton, Montana
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 36 caramels
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 450°. Unroll pastry on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to an 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges.
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-6 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine caramels and 1/2 cup cream. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until caramels are melted. Stir in pecans. Spread filling evenly into crust. Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set. Whip remaining cream; serve with tart. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Turtle Praline Tart in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p41
Reviews for Turtle Praline Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review