- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 36 caramels
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 450°. Unroll pastry on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to an 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges.
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-6 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine caramels and 1/2 cup cream. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until caramels are melted. Stir in pecans. Spread filling evenly into crust. Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set. Whip remaining cream; serve with tart. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Turtle Praline Tart
Sort By :
"To Roseannf: the other 1/2 cup cream is used for whipping and placing a dollop on top of the finished pie. It states this in the last paragraph of the recipe."
"This sounds soooooo yummy, my only problem is, where is the other 1/2 cup of cream used? It says 1 cup of cream divided, but only 1/2 cup is used to melt the caramels"
"A nice recipe. I have made this before and also used mini cupcake pans Baked pastry, added a bit caramel mixture, chopped nuts and chocolate drizzle. it is a hit all the way around! it is a recipe I would make again and keep in my favorite box."
"Kathy here! Just a heads up that I DID NOT put the foil in my recipe. I guess the editors thought it was required, but I did not! So sorry about that !!!"
"Thank goodness for the foil warning! I hope you don't use a microwave, any electronic devices, a cell phone, flourescent lights, or breathe the air.Tart was wonderful."