Turtle Ice Cream Sauce Recipe
Making this rich caramel-fudge sauce is a family affair at our house—the kids love to unwrap the caramels! The sauce can be made ahead and frozen.
- 2 cups butter, cubed
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until the caramels are melted and mixture is smooth (do not boil). Reduce heat to low.
- 2. With an electric hand mixer on medium speed, beat in vanilla; continue beating for 5 minutes. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool for 30 minutes (sauce will thicken as it cools). Pour into glass or plastic food storage containers; refrigerate. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 9 cups.
2 tablespoons: 121 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Turtle Ice Cream Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC