Turtle Ice Cream Sauce
Making this rich caramel-fudge sauce is a family affair at our housethe kids love to unwrap the caramels! The sauce can be made ahead and frozen.
72 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cups butter, cubed
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook, stirring
- constantly, over medium-low heat until the caramels are melted and
- mixture is smooth (do not boil). Reduce heat to low.
- With an electric hand mixer on medium speed, beat in vanilla;
- continue beating for 5 minutes. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Remove
- from the heat and cool for 30 minutes (sauce will thicken as it
- cools). Pour into glass or plastic food storage containers;
- refrigerate. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 9 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 121 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a