Turtle Dove Nests Recipe
Inspired by the traditional carol "The Twelve Days of Christmas," our Test Kitchen staff created these cute chocolate nests. With jelly bean eggs, they would make fun treats for Easter, too. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + standing YIELD:15 servings
- 1 package (11 ounces) peanut butter and milk chocolate chips
- 2 cans (3 ounces each) crispy rice noodles
- 1/3 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/3 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 45 blue jelly beans
- 1. In a microwave, melt chips; stir until smooth. Stir in the rice noodles, cereal and peanuts.
- 2. Divide into 15 mounds on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Using fingers, shape each into a nest; press an indentation in the center of nest. Fill each nest with three jelly beans. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 15 servings.
1 nest equals 217 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC