Inspired by the traditional carol "The Twelve Days of Christmas," our Test Kitchen staff created these cute chocolate nests. With jelly bean eggs, they would make fun treats for Easter, too. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 package (11 ounces) peanut butter and milk chocolate chips
- 2 cans (3 ounces each) crispy rice noodles
- 1/3 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/3 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 45 blue jelly beans
- In a microwave, melt chips; stir until smooth. Stir in the rice noodles, cereal and peanuts.
- Divide into 15 mounds on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Using fingers, shape each into a nest; press an indentation in the center of nest. Fill each nest with three jelly beans. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Turtle Dove Nests in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p21
Reviews for Turtle Dove Nests
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2014
"I love this idea! I used to make similar candies as a child, but didn't add the "eggs." These will be on my Christmas cookie trays from now on!"