Our special ed class developed these fudgy turtle cookies. We have a cookie club teachers can pay to join, and members give this cookie two thumbs up. —Debbie Ethridge, Bentonville, Arkansas
Featured In: Top 10 Caramel Recipes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1-1/4 cups caramel bits
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°. Microwave butter on high until melted. Add chocolate chips and milk; microwave until chips are melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in vanilla. Add flour; mix well. Stir in pecans and caramel bits.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2-in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until edges are set, 7-9 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, microwave chocolate chips and shortening on high until melted. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Turtle Cookies in Taste of Home December 2016
Reviews for Turtle Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review