Turtle Cookie Cups Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup Kraft caramel bits
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 48 pecan halves (about 3/4 cup)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- 2. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place in greased mini-muffin cups. Press evenly onto bottoms and up the sides of cups. Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. With the back of measuring teaspoon, make an indentation in each cup. Immediately sprinkle with 3/4 cup chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt caramel bits with cream; stir until smooth. Spoon into cups. Top each with a pecan half. In a microwave, melt remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over pecans. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie: 145 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Turtle Cookie Cups
"Good but not great!"
"Amazing! I tried these for a family get together. Instant hit & I had to make them for Christmas that year. I also used a salted Carmel ice cream topping rather than make the sauce, it was a first since I usually do, but it still tasted great so when in a pinch I've been ok using a cheat. But there's no losing with these treats. I'm making them again tonight for a bbq. No worries no how they'll be received"
"I use chocolate chip cookie dough for my cup and it worked great. time saver recipe and the taste is great, didn't need to add chocolate chips. rate 5 star"
"The grand kids gobbled these up. I used dark brown sugar. Next time I will use light brown sugar instead. The dark brown sugar made the cookie cups a bit to dark colored."
"These are really tasty. I didn't top with a pecan half, but just put a little more chopped pecans in the cup. I also used coconut sugar instead of brown sugar, which was really good. Time consuming, but well worth it. Would definitely make these again. Also I used a cup of regular size caramels instead of the bits, and it worked just fine."
"can these be frozen also do you think these would be suitable to mail very much want to make these to sent to kids living in another state thanks for your helpI am going to give a 5 star rating because I believe they will be good have to rate to post my questions"
"Looks Great!!! I see Christmas Party Cookies coming. Someone asked what Caramel Pieces are they are mini caramel pieces unwrapped in bags on the same aisle as Chocolate Chips on the baking goods aisle."
"We loved the taste of these cute little cups. People asked for the recipe!"
"Amazing! I ended up not putting the chocolate drizzle on top. On half I drizzled some sea salt and the others I left with just caramel. Yum! Thanks for sharing!!"
"eruther, you can buy bags of caramel bits in the chocolate chip aisle of Wal-Mart"
"By caramel bits do you mean those individually wrapped caramels or what?"
"I bake a lot for the holidays. Does anyone know if these would freeze ok?"
"These were an instant hit -- at home and at work. They turned out looking just like the picture. (That never happens!) And they were as delicious as they were beautiful."
"I dont usually do reviews but on this one, I made about 50 for our church and oh people just cant stop talking about how fancy and delicious they are..these are so easy and fast to make, my little girl even had fun helping out. I did make little changes tho, reduce butter and use toasted coconut flakes on top..soo good. Thanks Heather king for sharing your recipe."
"These are becoming a seasonal favorite."
"Very easy to make. Instead of the caramel bits and heavy whipping cream I used a caramel flavored ice cream topping. My chocolate chips did not melt initially in the cups so I placed them back in the oven for 2 minutes. My college kids loved them!"