- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup Kraft caramel bits
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 48 pecan halves (about 3/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place in greased mini-muffin cups. Press evenly onto bottoms and up the sides of cups. Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. With the back of measuring teaspoon, make an indentation in each cup. Immediately sprinkle with 3/4 cup chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt caramel bits with cream; stir until smooth. Spoon into cups. Top each with a pecan half. In a microwave, melt remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over pecans. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Turtle Cookie Cups
Sort By :
"Good but not great!"
"Amazing! I tried these for a family get together. Instant hit & I had to make them for Christmas that year. I also used a salted Carmel ice cream topping rather than make the sauce, it was a first since I usually do, but it still tasted great so when in a pinch I've been ok using a cheat. But there's no losing with these treats. I'm making them again tonight for a bbq. No worries no how they'll be received"
"I use chocolate chip cookie dough for my cup and it worked great. time saver recipe and the taste is great, didn't need to add chocolate chips. rate 5 star"
"The grand kids gobbled these up. I used dark brown sugar. Next time I will use light brown sugar instead. The dark brown sugar made the cookie cups a bit to dark colored."
"These are really tasty. I didn't top with a pecan half, but just put a little more chopped pecans in the cup. I also used coconut sugar instead of brown sugar, which was really good. Time consuming, but well worth it. Would definitely make these again. Also I used a cup of regular size caramels instead of the bits, and it worked just fine."