- 1 pound pecan halves, toasted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, chopped
- On waxed paper-lined baking sheets, arrange pecans in small clusters of four to five pecans each.
- For caramel, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, corn syrup and sugars. Cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat. Stir in butter and vanilla. Working quickly, spoon caramel onto pecan clusters. Let stand until set.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Spoon over caramel. Chill for 10 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Turtle Candies
Sort By :
This is a great recipe. The candy is amazing. Thank you for sharing
Very good. Pretty easy to make. I will be making them again for Christmas gifts this year. Only complaint is they stuck to the paper like crazy!! Will butter the paper this time per my mom's advice and we'll see how it goes!
The caramel was perfect. I can't wait to make them again.
Shoul read 3 or 4 years worth of Christmas boxes
I have made this candy for three or four Christmas gift boxes. It is the most requested of all the candies that I make