Turtle Brownie Bites
A sweet friend of mine was having a party and loved chocolate, so I whipped these brownie bites up for her party. They were a hit, and she has asked for them ever since. —Saleta Lawrence, Benbrook, Texas
48 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Kraft caramel bits
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 48 pecan halves, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mixes, oil, eggs and water. Transfer
- to a greased, parchment paper-lined 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 38-42 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool. Cut brownies into 1-1/2-in.
- Place a wire rack over a baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Transfer brownie squares to the wire rack.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring 1
- cup cream and butter just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk
- until smooth. Spoon chocolate over each brownie, covering top and