- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Kraft caramel bits
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 48 pecan halves, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mixes, oil, eggs and water. Transfer to a greased, parchment paper-lined 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 38-42 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Cut brownies into 1-1/2-in. squares.
- Place a wire rack over a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Transfer brownie squares to the wire rack.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup cream and butter just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Spoon chocolate over each brownie, covering top and sides. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt the caramel bits, water and remaining cream; stir until smooth. Drizzle over chocolate. Top each with a pecan half. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Turtle Brownie Bites in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p201
Reviews for Turtle Brownie Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review