- from head.
- Press all edges together to seal. Add raisins for eyes. Cover and let
- rise in a warm place until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Beat the remaining egg; brush over dough. With a sharp knife, make
- shallow diamond-shaped slashes across top of turtle shell.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a
- wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 87 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.