Turtle Bread Pudding Recipe
- 7 cups cubed day-old French bread (1-inch cubes)
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons chopped pecans, divided
- 3 cups fat-free milk, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 8 caramels
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1. Place bread cubes in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with semisweet chips and 2 tablespoons pecans. In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup milk, brown sugar, cocoa, caramels, butter and chili powder. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until caramels are melted. Add remaining milk; heat through.
- 2. Stir a small amount of mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over bread cubes; let stand for 10 minutes or until bread is softened.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Drizzle with caramel topping and sprinkle with remaining pecans; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until caramel topping is heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 4. In a microwave, melt milk chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over bread pudding. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 288 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Turtle Bread Pudding
"Excellent! Always a big hit!"
"leave the chili powder out if it's an issue for you!"
"chili Powder? Seriously? Why?????????"