Turtle Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Gradually add flour; beat until crumbly. Press firmly into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Arrange pecans over crust.
- 2. In a small heavy saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute or until smooth, stirring constantly. Pour over pecans.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top; Cool in pan on a wire rack for 3 minutes. Spread chocolate but allow some chips to remain whole. Cool completely; cut into small squares. Yield: about 8 dozen.
1 each: 58 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Turtle Bars
"Now one of my favorite square recipies! easy to make. I left the butter hard and processed the crust in my food processor which is quick and easy and works great. I also return the squares to the warm oven to melt all of the chocolate to make it easier to spread. I use parchment paper in my pan and simply remove the whole thing to a cutting board when cooled to cut. An excellent bar for transporting to teas, bake sales, etc., as it is not sticky and cuts evenly."