Turtle Bars Recipe
This recipe of my mother's is a 'must make' for the holidays," reveals field editor Faye Hintz of Springfield, Missouri. "I always have good intentions of taking some to Christmas parties, but my family finishes them too soon!"
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:96 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Gradually add flour; beat until crumbly. Press firmly into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Arrange pecans over crust.
- 2. In a small heavy saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute or until smooth, stirring constantly. Pour over pecans.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top; Cool in pan on a wire rack for 3 minutes. Spread chocolate but allow some chips to remain whole. Cool completely; cut into small squares. Yield: about 8 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 58 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC