This recipe of my mother's is a 'must make' for the holidays," reveals field editor Faye Hintz of Springfield, Missouri. "I always have good intentions of taking some to Christmas parties, but my family finishes them too soon!"
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Gradually add flour; beat until crumbly. Press firmly into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Arrange pecans over crust.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute or until smooth, stirring constantly. Pour over pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top; Cool in pan on a wire rack for 3 minutes. Spread chocolate but allow some chips to remain whole. Cool completely; cut into small squares. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Originally published as Turtle Bars in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p13
Reviews for Turtle Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review