- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the potatoes, carrots, turnip, onion, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turnip Sausage Stew in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p45
Reviews for Turnip Sausage Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2011
"This stew is satisfying and super simple! Used mild italian sausage instead of bulk sausage and it gave it that extra flavor. Had cheese rolls with it and it made an excellent fall lunch!"