Turnip Casserole Recipe
- 4 medium turnips, peeled and cubed
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place turnips in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until tender and drain. Transfer turnips to a bowl and mash. Add the egg, sugar, butter and salt.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Turnip Casserole(3)
Sort By :
Made this for Thanksgiving Dinner and the turnip lovers said it was deliscious and requested it for Christmas dinner. My husband said it was the best turnip dish he had eaten. Preparation was easy.
This was okay, but it didn't showcase turnips well. The turnips didn't mash completely, so the texture was odd. It also tasted like the pH was off too; don't know if it was the sugar or not. I'll try other recipes to see if any taste better before I try this one again.