- 8 fresh asparagus spears
- 4 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 pound sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 2-4 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Combine the mustard, mayonnaise and syrup; spread over each tortilla. Layer with turkey, avocado, bacon, lettuce and asparagus. Sprinkle with pepper. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Wraps with Maple Mustard Dressing in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p42
Reviews for Turkey Wraps with Maple Mustard Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2012
"We make these wraps often. Great combination of flavours and texture that appeals to the kids and adults in our home."
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2011
"I would skip the asparagus and the avocado, and substitute some diced celery and shredded low-fat cheese instead."