- Place remaining stuffing in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with
- cooking spray; refrigerate until ready to bake. Skewer turkey
- openings; tie drumsticks together.
- Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at
- 325° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted
- in the thigh reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the
- stuffing, basting occasionally with pan drippings. Cover loosely
- with foil if turkey browns too quickly.
- Cover and bake additional stuffing for 25-30 minutes. Uncover; bake
- 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cover turkey and let
- stand for 20 minutes before removing stuffing and carving turkey.
- Yield: 24 servings (12 cups stuffing).
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked turkey (calculated without skin) with 1/2 cup stuffing equals 317 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 568 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 41 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now