- cups stuffing. Place remaining stuffing in a greased 1-1/2-qt.
- baking dish; refrigerate until ready to bake. Tuck wings under
- turkey; tie drumsticks together. Place on a rack in a shallow
- roasting pan, breast side up.
- Roast, uncovered, 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads
- 165° when inserted in center of stuffing and the thigh reaches
- at least 170°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. Cover
- loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly. Bake remaining
- stuffing, covered, 1 hour. Uncover; bake 10 minutes.
- Remove turkey from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 20 minutes before
- carving. If desired, skim fat and thicken pan drippings for gravy.
- Serve with turkey and stuffing.
- Yield: 12 servings (12 cups stuffing).
Nutritional Facts: 10 ounces cooked turkey with 1 cup stuffing equals 913 calories, 39 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 260 mg cholesterol, 1,120 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 82 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer