Turkey with Orange Sauce Recipe
I found this recipe in one of my mother's cookbooks. It's a quick way to fix turkey. My family likes it with rice and a tossed salad. —Gaye O'Dell of Binghamton, New York
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1. Sprinkle turkey with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; place in a microwave-safe 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Cover, venting one corner, and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- 2. Turn turkey; cover and microwave 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until turkey is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, orange juice, lemon juice, butter and remaining salt. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until thickened; stir until smooth. Serve with turkey. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 189 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 28g protein Diabetic Exchanges:4 lean meat, 1 fruit
Reviews for Turkey with Orange Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC