Turkey with Orange Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1. Sprinkle turkey with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; place in a microwave-safe 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Cover, venting one corner, and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- 2. Turn turkey; cover and microwave 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until turkey is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, orange juice, lemon juice, butter and remaining salt. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until thickened; stir until smooth. Serve with turkey. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounces cooked turkey with 1/4 cup sauce equals 189 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 370 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit.