Turkey with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (2-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained or 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place turkey in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with seasonings. Top with mushrooms. Pour wine over all. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours (a thermometer inserted in turkey should read at least 165°).
- Remove turkey to a serving platter; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve turkey with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Turkey with Mushroom Sauce
Sort By :
My family loved it and demanded recipe before they left my house. I used the wine and also added chicken broth to increase the amount of gravy.
I accidently purchased turkey breast with a bone in it...so i cut it off the bone before cooking. I also used fresh mushrooms. As I put the ingredients into the slow cooker I was very skeptical. As it cooked the house smelled so good. The gravy was easy to make, and the flavor was incredible. The turkey was moist and had terrific flavor. I served it with stuffing and cheesy broccoli and cauliflower. We called it mini thanksgiving, but it was easy enough for a Monday night. Definately a keeper.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Turkey >