Turkey with Lime Butter Sauce Recipe
When I’m in Florida, I buy Key limes for the butter sauce, but any fresh limes work just fine. If I'm using leftover turkey, I brown the meat a little so the sauce picks up the flavor. —Patricia Kile, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- LIME BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add turkey, a few pieces at a time; close bag and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey in batches and cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove; keep warm.
- 3. In same skillet, cook green onion and garlic 1 minute. Add broth and lime juice, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; stir in remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until butter is melted. Serve turkey with butter sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 465 calories, 31 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC