When I’m in Florida, I buy Key limes for the butter sauce, but any fresh limes work just fine. If I'm using leftover turkey, I brown the meat a little so the sauce picks up the flavor. —Patricia Kile, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- LIME BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add turkey, a few pieces at a time; close bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey in batches and cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove; keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook green onion and garlic 1 minute. Add broth and lime juice, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; stir in remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until butter is melted. Serve turkey with butter sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey with Lime Butter Sauce in Country Extra May 2009, p49
Reviews for Turkey with Lime Butter Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2014
"This was amazingly fast to put together. Way less than 30 minutes. Lime butter would be good on other meats/items as well. I left out the chives, as I didn't have any, and substituted dried dill."