Turkey with Herbed Rice Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 4 cups cooked white rice, cooled
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon each dried thyme, tarragon and marjoram
- 1 turkey (10 to 12 pounds)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the pork, beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine egg substitute, poultry seasoning, parsley, celery leaves, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Add meat mixture and rice.
- 2. Just before baking, stuff turkey. Skewer openings; tie drumsticks together. Place on a rack in roasting pan. Combine the garlic, thyme, tarragon, marjoram and remaining salt, pepper and garlic powder; rub over turkey. Add broth and butter to pan.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the stuffing, basting frequently. When turkey begins to brown, cover lightly with a tent of aluminum foil. Remove all dressing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 749 calories, 35g fat (12g saturated fat), 278mg cholesterol, 974mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 82g protein.
Reviews for Turkey with Herbed Rice Dressing
"Total disappointment ,do not try unless you like spam or prison food"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer