- Just before baking, stuff turkey. Skewer openings; tie drumsticks
- together. Place on a rack in roasting pan. Combine the garlic,
- thyme, tarragon, marjoram and remaining salt, pepper and garlic
- powder; rub over turkey. Add broth and butter to pan.
- Bake at 325° for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer
- reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the stuffing, basting
- frequently. When turkey begins to brown, cover lightly with a tent
- of aluminum foil. Remove all dressing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Editor's Note: Dressing may be baked in a greased 2-1/2-qt. covered baking dish at 325° for 70 minutes (uncover during the last 10 minutes). Dressing yields about 8 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 749 calories, 35 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 278 mg cholesterol, 974 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 82 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer