My husband is my most avid cooking fan (and my three daughters have all become wonderful cooks in their own right!). We have seven grandchildren.
- 1/2 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 4 cups cooked white rice, cooled
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon each dried thyme, tarragon and marjoram
- 1 turkey (10 to 12 pounds)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a large skillet, cook the pork, beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine egg substitute, poultry seasoning, parsley, celery leaves, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Add meat mixture and rice.
- Just before baking, stuff turkey. Skewer openings; tie drumsticks together. Place on a rack in roasting pan. Combine the garlic, thyme, tarragon, marjoram and remaining salt, pepper and garlic powder; rub over turkey. Add broth and butter to pan.
- Bake at 325° for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the stuffing, basting frequently. When turkey begins to brown, cover lightly with a tent of aluminum foil. Remove all dressing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Turkey with Herbed Rice Dressing in Country Woman November/December 1994, p33
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Turkey with Herbed Rice Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 15, 2013
"Total disappointment ,do not try unless you like spam or prison food"