- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 4 cups cooked white rice, cooled
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon each dried thyme, tarragon and marjoram
- 1 turkey (10 to 12 pounds)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a large skillet, cook the pork, beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine egg substitute, poultry seasoning, parsley, celery leaves, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Add meat mixture and rice.
- Just before baking, stuff turkey. Skewer openings; tie drumsticks together. Place on a rack in roasting pan. Combine the garlic, thyme, tarragon, marjoram and remaining salt, pepper and garlic powder; rub over turkey. Add broth and butter to pan.
- Bake at 325° for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the stuffing, basting frequently. When turkey begins to brown, cover lightly with a tent of aluminum foil. Remove all dressing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Turkey with Herbed Rice Dressing
Sort By :
Total disappointment ,do not try unless you like spam or prison food