- with kitchen string. Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting
- pan. Pour 1 cup giblet broth over turkey. Melt remaining butter;
- brush over turkey.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a
- thermometer reads 165° when inserted in center of stuffing and
- the thigh reaches at least 170°, basting occasionally. (Cover
- loosely with foil if turkey browns to quickly.)
- Bake additional stuffing, covered, for 30-40 minutes. Uncover; bake
- 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cover turkey and let
- stand for 20 minutes before removing stuffing and carving turkey.
- Pour pan drippings into a 2-cup measuring cup; skim fat. Add water or
- remaining giblet broth to measure 2 cups. In a saucepan, combine
- cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir in broth
- mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 8 servings (10 cups stuffing).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 1,039 calories, 45 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 383 mg cholesterol, 866 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 116 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer