Turkey with Curried Cream Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Hot cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons chopped cashews
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and curry powder until smooth; gradually whisk in broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add squash, zucchini and onion; cook and stir until tender. Add turkey, lemon peel and reserved sauce; heat through. Serve with rice; sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup turkey mixture with 1 tablespoon cashews (calculated without rice) equals 331 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 504 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Turkey with Curried Cream Sauce
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer