- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Hot cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons chopped cashews
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and curry powder until smooth; gradually whisk in broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add squash, zucchini and onion; cook and stir until tender. Add turkey, lemon peel and reserved sauce; heat through. Serve with rice; sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Turkey with Curried Cream Sauce
"It was my first time cooking with curry. So I think it tasted good. It didn't have a strong taste. It tasted better after I added salt & pepper at the end. I did add 1 red pepper and 1/2 a green pepper (just some extra veg i had in my fridge). The cashews added a nice crunch :) My 3 yr old ate his entire bowl without any prompting!"
"We thought the recipe, as it is written, was very bland and tasteless....half way through the meal I stirred 1/3 cup of mango chutney into the cream sauce and it made all the difference. For us it went from not so good to very tasty."